We have decided to add a blog to SaltLakeWeddingReviews.com so that we can share thoughts and tips that will help you with your wedding planning. The following is our first post so we thought we would keep it simple. We want to remind you of some of the most important aspects of wedding planning. We understand that you have a lot on your mind so you can use this list as a tool as you plan your wedding.
1) Time is essential to planning a low stress wedding. It is possible to plan in a month but I promise you will wish you had more time. Give yourself at least a few months to plan your wedding.
2) Work on your wedding every day until your wedding plans are finalized. Planning in your mind is not working on your wedding. Spend time every day working on your wedding.
3) Set a budget. Debt is one of the leading causes of stress. You do not need to go into debt for your wedding. Do not put your wedding on a credit card. You can plan a fantastic wedding event on any budget.
4) Do not plan alone. If you try to plan your wedding on your own you will be in for a stressful few months. Ask friends and family to help lighten the load. They will be happy to help.
5) Plan your wedding on paper first. This means you shouldn’t make your decoration plans, buy your decorations and then decide what type of food you want to serve. Make all of your plans before you spend any money. This will help you save money as well as keep your ideas organized.
6) Have a guest count before you make plans. It is hard to know how many guests will attend your wedding. It is even harder to know how many guests will attend before you even start planning. Take an educated guess of how many guests will attend. This will help you greatly as you choose a venue and as you make catering preparations.
7) Go on at least one date per week with your future spouse. As we all know, wedding planning can be very stressful. Sometimes this stress brings contention to relationships. Go on dates and spend time together; these dates should not include making wedding preparations together.