We are sure you have heard of the “wedding jitters” but let us start today’s post by describing these jitters. Most brides experience wedding jitters in one form or another. Wedding jitters can be anything from nerves and butterflies to anxiety.
Normal Wedding Jitters
Natural and normal wedding jitters are a combination of many emotions; including stress, excitement, joy, nervousness and more. Feeling a little anxiety and nervousness is completely normal. This is one of the biggest decisions of your life. Your family and friends have their eyes on you. Who wouldn’t be nervous?
“Wedding Jitters” and “cold feet” are two completely different things; however sometimes jittery brides think they are having cold feet. Our advice is to avoid being superstitious; don’t think that if you are nervous it means you are making a mistake.
We are not saying that “cold feet” isn’t a real thing. We are simply saying that it’s common for brides to be emotional, nervous. This can lead to confused thoughts.
So how can you know for a fact that you are making the right choice? Our advice is to know for certain that you are marrying the right person beforehand. Be 100 percent sure that you are in love and ready for marriage before the wedding planning process.
How to Handle Your Wedding Jitters?
There are several things you can do to overcome your wedding jitters. Here are a few of our top suggestions:
- Be sure to get plenty of rest. Lack of sleep will lead to heightened emotions.
- Make sure you are eating healthy. It is common for brides to work so hard that they forget to eat.
- Exercising is one of the best ways to clear your mind when you are nervous or stressed.
- Going on frequent dates with your fiancée is the best way to keep your relationship strong throughout the wedding planning process.
- Take time to breath. When you are stressed, overwhelmed, or nervous take some time for yourself. Meditate, relax and enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Stay organized. Being unorganized will cause you to be overwhelmed and will make it impossible to be fully prepared to host your wedding guests. This will bring uneasiness and stress.
- Be ready early. Finish your wedding preparations well before the wedding day. Being ready means no stress. If you don’t have to deal with last minute plans, your wedding jitters will be far more manageable.
These suggestions WILL NOT cure “the wedding jitters”!
In all honesty, there is no way to completely get rid of the wedding jitters. Having these emotions is natural. These suggestions will simply ease your stress and make it easier to enjoy your wedding. Following these suggestions will help you to manage your emotions and have a memorable wedding.